Rosetta Stone – Set Up Account & Get the Mobile App
Set Up Account.
- Using a web browser, go to BCPL’s full website (www.bcpl.info).
- Mobile users: tap this link > (www.bcpl.info) < and it should open it for you in your browser. If you get a dialog box asking if you want to "use BCPL’s Mobile website", tap NO or Cancel to force it to go to BCPL's full website. If you cannot get the full website on your device then you may need to use a computer to set up your account.
- Select the Find Info tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select Languages.
- Select Rosetta Stone and the database should authenticate you if you are in the State of Maryland.
- You should see a screen like the one below then select the Rosetta Stone Library Solution link.
- Enter your full email address in the Username field and enter a Password in the second field. The password must be at least 6 letters plus at least one number, for a total of at least seven characters. Type the password in carefully and make note of it, you will need it to log in later. Choose the language you want to learn and click the Sign In button (as shown below).
- Once the account is created, you should see a screen like the one below. Click the link, Launch Rosetta Stone Language Lessons Version 3.
- If you are installing the app on your mobile device, click the Sign Out button (as shown below) to log out of your account before going to the Step 2.
- Get the app for Android, Apple iOS (iPad/iPhone) or Kindle Fire Mobile Devices:
- Once your account has been set up using BCPL’s website/Rosetta portal, go to the app store on the device and install the app. The app’s title is, Learning Languages with Rosetta Stone, but it should come up by typing Rosetta Stone.
- Do not open or use the app after installing but proceed to step 3 first.
- To use Rosetta Stone, you must log into your account with a web browser and BCPL's website:
- Open the web browser on the device and go back to BCPL’s website (www.bcpl.info).
- Go to BCPL’s Rosetta page/portal and log in as detailed in Step 1.
- Mobile device users, once you log in, you should see a pop-up dialog box that says, "Open this in Languages?". Tap the OPEN button/link and that should launch you into the Rosetta app where you can get started learning a language.
- Mobile device users must go through the steps above, logging in via BCPL's website/Rosetta portal, otherwise the app will not work.