BCPL can attempt to get the item for you through our Interlibrary Loan Service, which includes:
- Marina -- a statewide lending cooperative
- OCLC -- a national lending collaborative.
You must have a valid library card from the Baltimore County Public Library in order to request material through our Interlibrary Loan Service
Use Marina (opens in new window) to request materials from other Maryland public libraries, or submit your request through any BCPL branch Information Desk (http://www.bcpl.info/hours-locations/#neighborhood) or through this Ask A Question service. Please provide complete information about the item you are requesting (author, title, edition, publication date) and any deadline that applies, as well as your name, library card number, phone number, and desired pickup location.
Brand-new titles or titles less than 1 year old may not be available through Interlibrary Loan. For new titles, please consider filling out our Purchase Suggestion form (opens in new window) at http://www.bcpl.info/find-materials/suggest-a-title under the Find Materials area of our home page.
Benefits of Marina:
- Marina draws from the collections of all Maryland public libraries.
- Customers can place their own requests electronically.
- Customers are able to track the status of requests through the Marina system.
- When the requested item arrives at the pickup branch, the customer is notified by BCPL's Polaris hold notification system.