Last Updated: Jun 01, 2017 Views: 1457
Customers may check out up to 100 items (books, CDs) at a time, with the following exceptions:
- Chromebook -- Limit 1 (7-days) per customer
- Downloadables -- can have up to 6 at a time checked out from each collection (cloudLibrary and OverDrive) for a total of 12
- DVDs -- Limit of 20 DVD titles of any type per customer
- Playaway Locks -- Limit 1
- Video games -- can have 3 at a time checked out
Library materials are loaned for 21 days, with the following exceptions:
- Book Club Kits -- 6 weeks
- Chromebook -- 7-days
- Downloadable eBooks and audiobooks from OverDrive -- customers can set their OverDrive lending period to 7, 14, or 21 days
- Entertainment or feature length DVDs -- 1 day
- Playaway Launchpads and Playaway Views -- 7 days
- TV series DVDs, classic and foreign films on DVD -- 7 days
Loan periods for library materials and overdue fee information are shown on the chart of the Fees and Loan Periods link at http://www.bcpl.info/services-policies/policies-procedures#fines under the Frequently Requested Info column of the Get Help area of our home page.
For information on renewing DVDs and returning a 1 DAY DVD MOVIE due on weekends see http://bcpl.libanswers.com/faq/74848
For information on the loan period and returning downloadable audiobooks or eBooks see http://bcpl.libanswers.com/faq/74905 There are no late fees.
Most materials are eligible for 2 renewals. An item is not eligible for renewal if ...
- Another customer has placed a hold on the title.
- You have already renewed that item twice.
- You have extended loan fees over $25 for overdue materials listed on your library account.
- The item belongs to another library system.
- The item was Interlibrary loaned items through OCLC.
- The item was checked out through a Teacher Loan Card.
- The item is Reference and cannot be borrowed.
- The item is a downloadable e-Book or audiobook from cloudLibrary.
For more information on renewing items see http://bcpl.libanswers.com/faq/74851