Last Updated: May 11, 2018 Views: 1344
An online library account is automatically created for you when you get a Baltimore County Public Library card.
There are several ways to check your library account:
- By calling (press 3 for Library Accounts) or visiting any BCPL branch, To protect the confidentiality of your library account, you will need your library card number and you may be asked additional verifying information included in your account.
- By using the automated phone system, Shelf Help (410-494-9063 then press 1). You will need your library card number to get to your account information. You cannot pay fees using Shelf Help but you can find out how much you may owe.
- By logging into your online library account (use the Account tab) in top, left corner of any BCPL web page to login.
To check your online library account
- Go to the Account tab located at the top, left side of any BCPL web page and log into your account by entering your library card number (barcode) without spaces and your PIN/password. The default password is the last 4 digits of your phone number unless you have changed it or used the "Forgot your password?" link.
- Next click the Log In button.
- In your library account, select the links on the left side of the page in the My Account area.
- Select Items Out to find what you have checked out and their due dates.
- Requests lists all your reserves/holds and their current status.
- Select Fees to review any fees including extended loan fees for overdue materials attached to your card
- Remember to Log Out when you're finished.
You can pay your library fees online. Find out more