Last Updated: Jun 16, 2017 Views: 978
An online library account is automatically created for you when you get a Baltimore County Public Library card.
There are several ways to check your library account:
- by calling (press 3 for Library Accounts) or visiting any BCPL branch, To protect the confidentiality of your library account, you will need your library card number and you may be asked additional verifying information included in your account.
- by using the automated phone system, Shelf Help (410-494-9063 then press 1). You will need your library card number to get to your account information. You cannot pay fees using Shelf Help but you can find out how much you may owe.
- by logging into your online library account using the My Account area under the BCPL banner of our home page or any BCPL web page.
To check your online library account
- Go to the My Account area located at the top of any BCPL web page and log into your account by entering your library card number (barcode) without spaces and your password. The default password is the last 4 digits of your phone number unless you changed it.
- Next click the Log In button.
- In your library account, select the links on the left side of the page in the My Account area.
- Select Items Out to find what you have checked out and their due dates.
- Requests lists all your reserves/holds and their current status.
- Select Fees to review any fees including extended loan fees for overdue materials attached to your card
- Remember to Log Out when you're finished.
You can pay your library fees online. Find out more