Last Updated: Jun 24, 2015 Views: 473
BCPL has video games for Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. BCPL also has a number of Kinect games as a part of our XBox collection.
Wii U games cannot be played on regular Wii consoles. Playstation 3 and 4 are not interchangeable.
Customers may borrow up to three games, free of charge, for 21 days.
A collection of video games is available for you to browse in each of our branches.
To find what is available in all branches,
- Go to the Find Materials menu tab on our home page
- When the drop down menu appears, click on the Video Games (http://www.bcpl.info/find-materials/special-collections#video-games) link.
- Now just click on your preferred gaming system button and place a request on the title/s that you want to borrow.
There is no charge for placing a request for a video game, including those "on order". If all copies are checked out, you will be placed on a waiting list and notified when the item is available for you to pick up.
How to request a video game:
- Click on the title you want.
- Now click on the Place Request button at the bottom of the title
- Enter your BCPL library card number (barcode) without spaces and your password (originally set using the last four numbers in your phone number).
- Select the branch where you want to pick up the item.
- Click Submit Request button at the bottom of the screen.
- A confirmation screen will appear, indicating whether or not the hold was successfully placed.
If the game is available and on the shelf, it will usually be sent and waiting for you in the branch of your choice within one to two business days. You may borrow up to three games for twenty-one days.
When your branch has your item available for pickup, you will be notified (http://www.bcpl.info/services-policies/library-services#notification ). Please pick up your item within seven (7) days after you are notified, or a Not Picked Up fee of $1.00 per item will be added to your account.
For additional information on loan periods, renewing videogames, fees for "overdue" or late video games, etc., see the Video games link (http://www.bcpl.info/services-policies/policies-procedures#video-games) under the Find Materials menu tab on our website.