Baltimore County Public Library can obtain many titles through our Interlibrary Loan Services, which include:
- Marina -- a free statewide lending cooperative of Maryland public libraries
- OCLC -- a national lending collaborative. Each item requested is subject to a $2 BCPL processing fee and sometimes an additional fee imposed by the library owning the item.
Benefits of Marina:
- Marina draws from the collections of all Maryland public libraries.
- Customers can place their own requests electronically.
- Customers are able to track the status of requests through the Marina system.
- When the requested item arrives at the pickup branch, the customer is notified by BCPL's Polaris hold notification system.