Last Updated: Nov 03, 2016 Views: 176
BCPL can send text messages as an additional means of being notified of holds ready to be checked out, of items that will be overdue within 3 days, of items that are 7 and 14 days or more overdue and of unpaid fines attached to your library account. With this option you will receive a text message in addition to other means of notification.
For more information, see Notification on our Library Services page at http://www.bcpl.info/services-policies/library-services#notification or use the Notification for Hold Requests and Overdues link under the Frequently Requested Info column of the Get Help area of our home page.
Receive text message notification by
1. Visiting your local branch and speaking to a staff member. Provide your mobile phone number and your carrier.
2. Or, by updating your library account online. Here’s how…
- Click the area under the BCPL banner of our home page.
- Login to your account with your library card number (without spaces) and your password.
- Click on the Contact Information and Preferences area.
- Enter your mobile phone number in the Contact Information area as one of your phone numbers
- Under Preferences, select the Phone location for your mobile phone number and select your phone carrier from the drop down list. If the carrier is not listed, please contact your local branch for assistance.
- Finally click the Submit Change Request button at the bottom