Last Updated: Nov 04, 2016 Views: 3025
There are two Cloud Library (formerly 3M Cloud Library) folders that must be deleted and one of them is a bit tricky to find. Please see the directions below to find the two 3M folders and delete them from your computer, then reinstall the 3M app for PC.
Full Uninstall of the PC App:
Part I – Delete Cloud Library Folder from Programs menu:
- Go to your Start Menu.
- Select the Control Panel.
- Find "Programs and Features". The list may take a minute to populate so be patient (note: in Windows XP - this may be called "Add or Remove Programs").
- Find the Cloud Library folder and click once to highlight it.
- Click "Uninstall" or "Remove" button (depending on your version of Windows, this could be located above the list of programs, or a part of the program's information line).
- Follow any prompts your computer gives you to uninstall the program.
- Now check your computer for a leftover or “hidden” folder from Cloud Library (see the instructions below, choose one based on your Windows version):
Part II – Delete Hidden Folder (select one below, based on your version of Windows)
For Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
- Go to the Start Menu
- In the Search programs and files box, enter exactly %appdata% and hit enter on your keyboard.
- This should pull up a list of folders. Delete the folder for Cloud Library.
- Clear your Internet browser’s cache/history. If you do not know how to do this then click the following link: (http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache ) and then click on your version of Internet Explorer (7, 8 or 9). Follow directions shown.
- Once this is done, close all open windows and power off your computer for at least 2 or 3 minutes. Then power on your computer.
- Reinstall the app from the Cloud Library link below:
For Windows XP:
- Go to "Computer" or "My Computer"
- Click on the C Drive (may be called OS C).
- Click on "Users" - at this point you may need to click on the name you use to login to the computer. If you are the only user, then there is likely just the one.
- Inside the specific user's folder, there should be an App Data folder. Click this.
- Click on "Roaming"
- This should pull up a list of folders. One will be for the 3M Cloud Library. Delete this folder.
- Clear browser cache/history. If you do not know how to do this then see the link below
(http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache ) and click on your version of Internet Explorer (7, 8 or 9).
- Once this is done, close all open Windows and restart your computer.
- Reinstall the app from the 3M Cloud Library link below: