BCPL is no longer creating PDF (print friendly) versions of the dynamic Hot Titles lists for our website. These PDF versions were time consuming and expensive to generate, were less up to date than our live dynamic lists and, consequently, they were being used by many fewer customers to find and request materials.
The dynamic Hot Titles lists are still readily available via the library's website at www.bcpl.info under the FIND MATERIALS menu and can be accessed through any device with Internet access including all BCPL public computers.
The dynamic lists are superior to the print lists because:
- Materials show up on the dynamic lists as soon as they have been selected by Collection Development. Titles took up to a month to show up on the PDF versions.
- Customers can directly link to a list and to the items on the list. This was not possible through the print lists.
- Customers can more easily make note of titles in which they have interest by adding them to saved lists such as "Mysteries that I want to read," "Beach Reading," or other personalized lists.
- Customers can refine the dynamic Hot Titles lists by using limiters, sorts, and narrowing terms using the catalog's functionality.
- Customers with vision problems are able to more easily enlarge the lists' text size on computer and iPad screens.
Please do not hesitate to ask a BCPL librarian if you need help in learning how to best use the online versions of our Hot Titles lists. These changes will save customers and staff a great deal of time and money, and we think that you'll like the power that the dynamic lists put in your hands towards learning about and quickly getting new and popular titles.