Last Updated: Nov 12, 2021 Views: 3928
Android users have been getting the error message, “Unfortunately cloudLibrary has stopped working”. Updating to the newest version of the Cloud Library app for Android (version 3.2.15) fixes the issue for most Android users who have Android version 5 and above. If you have an Android device and are getting this error, check to see what version of the Android operating system you have. This can be found in Settings > About device or Settings > More > About device.
Android version 5 and above, try these steps:
Close all your open apps, delete the CL app, power off the device for at least 15 minutes, power back on, make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi, go to the PlayStore and reinstall the CL app.
Android OS versions 4.1 – 4.3.1 (Jelly Bean) or 4.4 – 4.4.4 (KitKat):
The Cloud Library app is supposed to work with Android OS Jelly Bean (version number 4.1) and up. But currently, for those with Android with tablets running versions 4.4.2 and 4.4.4, the steps above will probably not work for you. You may still get the same error message when trying to download eBooks. Cloud Library has been made aware of this and they have said they are working diligently on a solution.
Please help us by filling out the library’s Downloadable Support form found at (http://bcpl.libanswers.com/form.php?queue_id=639) and include your library card number, your device type & model (for example, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 or Acer tablet), and your Android OS version number. We will report each issue to Cloud Library Support and will get back to you as soon as they have a fix.
In the meantime, there is the optional workaround of reading CL books in your web browser. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open your web browser on your tablet (it's probably Chrome but any browser should work).
- Go to BCPL's Cloud Library website found at this URL: https://ebook.yourcloudlibrary.com/library/BCPL/Featured
- Tap or click the "Login" button in the upper right corner of your screen and enter your BCPL library card number (without any spaces or dashes) and your library password/PIN. Remember, usernames do not work with Cloud Library.
- On the top left side of the page, select the "My Books" link and the page with the books you have checked out should appear.
- Click or tap the blue "READ" button under each book cover and your book should open.
- Click or tap (once) on the far right edge of the page to go to the next page. Click/tap the far left edge of the page to go back.
- Click or tap in the middle of the book to get the toolbar to come up. The toolbar should have a text resizer tool, a link to the table of contents, a bookmark tool, an i (info on the book) button, and a X to use to close the book.