Last Updated: Apr 19, 2023 Views: 83
BCPL offers downloadable audiobooks from Libby (by OverDrive) and from CloudLibrary. You can use both but if you are new to downloadable books then it may be easier if you start with using just one rather than both at the same time. While there are many different ways to access the library's digital titles, we have found the best experience is installing one of the mobile apps and using that to search, place holds, borrow and listen to audiobook titles. See the directions and links below to get started.
Libby (by OverDrive) - You will need your library card number to log into the Libby app.
- See Getting started with Libby for directions to install the Libby app (by OverDrive).
- See Navigating Libby to learn how to use the Libby app.
- Next you may want to Filter your Search by Format to only show you audiobooks. Otherwise you will have to look through all the e-books and audiobooks together. If you don't use the filtering, to tell which titles are the audiobooks, look for the earbuds symbol below the book cover. If there's no earbuds image below the book cover then it's an e-book not an audiobook.
- Lastly, see the Libby Help menu Listening to Audiobooks for all audiobook topics such as how to rewind or how to add bookmarks.
CloudLibrary - You will need both your library card number and your library PIN to log into the CL app.
- Go to the Your CloudLibrary website
- Select the 'Get the App' tab
- Select your device from the drop down menu.
- To filter your searches to show only audiobooks, tap the 'Search' button (at bottom of screen).
- Then tap the Filter icon (looks like a funnel) at top, right of the screen, next to the Search field).
- Select the 'Audiobook' format.
- See CloudLibrary's FAQ's page and How to Videos for more on how to use the app.