Last Updated: May 11, 2023 Views: 22
You can get help by chatting live with a tutor from 2:00 pm – 11:55 pm, seven days a week (except on holidays). During the hours that tutors are not available, you can submit questions and you will get a response within 24 hours. Brainfuse is a free, online tutoring and homework help service you can access with your library card and the library's website. Students of all ages (kindergarten through college) can get help with math, science, English, writing, social studies and more. Brainfuse also offers test prep resources for GED and U.S. citizenship tests, learning Microsoft Office, and assistance with writing resumes and cover letters.
To access Brainfuse, follow the steps below:
- Go to Baltimore County Public Library’s website
- Select the Books and More tab then select Research Databases.
- Select Brainfuse from the list
- You will be prompted to log into your library account
- Enter your card number and library PIN/password
- If you're not sure of your PIN, try the last 4 numbers of the phone number you gave the library
- You should be sent to the Brainfuse home page
- To chat with a tutor (2:00 pm – 11:55 pm):
- Select the 'Live Tutoring' link
- Select your grade level and the subject
- If you have a specific question, you can select 'Send a Question' anytime (24/7)
- After selecting 'Send a Question', you will land on the Brainfuse Welcome/Login page
- Select the 'Sign Up' link and create a Brainfuse account (Username and password)
- The next day, return to the library's Research Databases page, log in to your library account, then log into Brainfuse with your Brainfuse username and password
- Go to 'My Account' > 'My Messages' to find the answer to your question
- If you want writing help, you can upload your document and get suggestions and comments from a tutor.
- Select the 'Writing Lab' link and log into your Brainfuse account or create one using the 'Sign Up' link.
- Upload your document.
- Check back in 24 hours by returning to the library's Research Databases page, log in to your library account, then log into Brainfuse with your Brainfuse username and password
- Go to 'My Account' > 'My Messages'.