Last Updated: Apr 25, 2023 Views: 3685
While the library does not offer tutoring, there are many resources available through the library, as well as private, small study rooms you can use for tutoring sessions. Below is a list of the resources available through the library as well as some external resources.
From the Library
- Brainfuse is an online, free tutoring platform available from the Baltimore County Public Library’s home page in the Research Databases area. A valid library card from the library is required to access this service. This is a free service for all ages, kindergarten through adult learners. Students can live chat with a tutor from 2:00 pm – 11:55 pm, seven days a week. Spanish-speaking tutors are available. During the hours that tutors are not available, students can submit email questions through 24/7 Help. A response will be sent in 24 hours. The following resources are available via BrainFuse:
- Homework Help
- A+ Math
- 24-Hour Writing Lab
- Resume Writing
- Self Help – Test Center and Flashbulb
- LinkedIn.com – Unlimited, asynchronous training via video lessons on a wide variety of topics including business skills, software and web design, music and audio production, photography, video editing and animation and more. Also accessible via BCPL's Research Databases page.
- Study Rooms – several branches have study rooms for customers to reserve for collaboration and tutoring space. Rooms are reserved at the branch information desk daily on a first-come, first-served basis and are free of charge.
Private Tutoring Companies and Websites (some are online only, some have both, some are in-person only) * this is not a comprehensive list*
- NextDoor – locate the desired neighborhood and search for tutors in that area.
- ULoop – College level tutoring (enter your university name and it will localize tutors for you)
College Students - Local University Tutoring Centers (primarily for students of that university)
Johns Hopkins – Learning Den
Loyola University – The Study
Morgan State – Center for Academic Success and Achievement
Towson University – Tutoring and Learning Center
UMBC – Tutoring and Learning Center