Last Updated: Aug 24, 2023 Views: 17455
Items can't be renewed if ...
- Other customers have placed holds on the title.
- You have already renewed that item five times or one time for CloudLibrary and OverDrive e-books.
- You have library fees over $25 for lost or damaged materials on your account.
- The item was obtained via Interlibrary Loan (ILL) through the OCLC catalog.
- The item was checked out using a Teacher Loan Card.
- The item is cataloged as a Reference book.
You can have up to five times to attempt to renew. However, if there are holds pending on the title then you will not be able to renew it. This can be confusing because you may get an email or look at your library account one day and see you have 4 renewals left. But later on, when you go to renew it you may see no renewals and that is because holds have been placed on the title and it is no longer eligible for renewal.
How To Renew Online:
Login using your library card number (typed with no spaces between numbers) and your library PIN/password.
After logging in, click on Items Out found in the left menu pane. This will show you the items you currently have checked out.
More detailed instructions for renewing items can be found under the View and Renew Items Out section on this Catalog Help page.
When you renew, the new due date is calculated from the date you place the renewal, not from the original due date. For example, if a title is due back in two days and you renew it then, the new due date will be 21 days from the day you renew it not 21 days from the original check out date.
Interlibrary Loan material: items obtained via Marina may be renewed two times; items obtained from OCLC cannot be renewed.