Last Updated: Nov 12, 2021 Views: 5142
The library offers online language learning through Mango Languages.
About Mango languages:
Mango Languages teaches conversation skills for over 71 different languages as well as English as a Second Language for speakers of 19 languages. Each Basic course "teaches simple, practical skills for common, polite conversation situations in only a few short hours." The complete course "teaches in-depth and comprehensive language and grammar skills. The Guest Access button takes you to the available languages and you can start learning immediately. If you want to keep a record of your progress as you learn a language, you will need to create a free Mango account. Otherwise, your progress is erased when you log out of your session. If you choose to create an account, enter your email address and create a password. Passwords for Mango must be at least 6 characters long or longer.
How to access Mango Languages
- You will need your library card number and library PIN/password if you are not inside a BCPL branch or if you want to be able to save your progress. To create an account, log in with your library card number and Library PIN. Then you can create a Mango account (email and password).
- To find Mango, go to the library's home page
- Hover over the Books and More tab, then select Research Databases from the drop-down menu.
- In the Subject menu, on the left, select Languages or scroll down the entire list and select Mango Languages.
- If working from home, work or school, or if you want to save your progress, enter your BCPL library card number (without any spaces) and your password (originally set to be the last 4 digits of the phone number as it appears in your BCPL library account).
Baltimore County Public Library also has books, CDs and some DVDs for learning other languages. The Availability button under each title lets you know which branch currently has a copy available to check out. A request can be placed on any title using BCPL's online catalog and your Baltimore County Public Library card.