Last Updated: Mar 15, 2017 Views: 510
Are you going out of town for a few weeks? You can suspend or delay receiving most of your requested BCPL owned items instead of canceling them. See http://bcpl.libanswers.com/faq/74815 for help.
If your request shows a status of “Shipped” or “Held” in your online account or you received notification that the item is available to be picked up, you must phone (press 3 for Library Accounts or 4 for Information Desk) the branch where the item is to be picked up and ask the staff to cancel your hold. The item cannot be canceled online. Have your library card number and the title and author of the item ready to give to the staff member. The item is held in the name of the customer whose library card was used to place the original request.
For branch hours, phone numbers, etc. see http://www.bcpl.info/hours-locations/#neighborhood.
If the hold has not yet arrived at your branch to be picked up (indicated as “Active” or “Pending” in your account), you can cancel the request online through your library account or by phoning any Baltimore County Public Library branch for help in canceling your requested items.
How to cancel an Active or Pending hold request:
1. Login to your online library account through the My Account area on our home page using your library card number (barcode) and password, then click the Log In button. The default password for an account is the last four digits or your phone number until you change it.
2. When your account appears, click on the "Requests" link on the left side of your account page to see your hold requests for titles and their current status.
3. Select those titles you wish to cancel by clicking on the box before each title. Next click on the "Cancel Selected" button. Or, if you want to cancel all of your requests, click the "Cancel All" button.
4. You will be asked to confirm that you want to cancel the titles.
5. The title will show up in your account with a label of Cancelled.