You don't have to return any downloadable titles. E-books and e-audiobooks become unreadable at the end of its loan period, and the title is automatically returned to the library.
Cloud Library e-books and e-audiobooks
There are three ways to return Cloud Library titles.
- From the library's website -- log into your library account at (https://catalog.bcpl.lib.md.us/polaris/logon.aspx) click on Items Out and any Cloud Library titles should have a Check In button next to them, click Check In.
- From BCPL's Cloud Library web interface -- go to (https://ebook.yourcloudlibrary.com/library/BCPL/Featured) and log into your Cloud Library account. Click the My Books tab. Next to the title you wish to return, click the Check In button.
- From your mobile device -- open the 3M app and log in, if prompted. Tap My Books. Tap the Return Books button; then a Return button should appear next to each title. Tap Return.
Returning titles before they expire is possible from within your library account and from the Android and iOS app. The PC app does not currently support early returning of titles.
All OverDrive titles are automatically returned to your library at the end of their lending periods, so you never have to worry about late fees.
If you'd like to return a title early see http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/1481263-how-to-return-titles-before-the-end-of-your-lending-period
Once you download an EPUB ebook or MP3 title, you may be able to return it early using the software or app that you used to download it
- You can't return downloaded Open PDF eBooks before the end of the lending period.
- You can't return any titles using OverDrive's desktop app for Mac.
- You can only return downloaded Open EPUBs from OverDrive's app for Android, Chromebook, iOS, or Windows 8.
OverDrive Listen audiobooks can be returned early right from your library Bookshelf, as long as you haven't also downloaded the MP3 version of the audiobook.
MP3 format audiobooks
To return MP3 audiobooks early...
How to remove audiobooks from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes to manually delete titles: http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/1481107-how-to-remove-audiobooks-from-an-iphone-ipad-or-ipod (This does not return the title to the library)
- From a Mac computer: Currently, OverDrive for Mac computers does not support audiobook returns
If you downloaded an Adobe® EPUB or PDF eBook ...
Adobe eBooks will remain on your computer or device until they are manually deleted. Once the lending period has expired, you can no longer read the book.
For instructions on removing returned titles from an eReader device or your computer using Adobe Digital Editions see http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/1481639-how-to-return-or-delete-titles-from-a-device-or-computer-using-adobe-digital-editions
For instructions on returning Kindle eBooks, see http://bcpl.libanswers.com/faq/74897