Last Updated: Oct 10, 2019 Views: 121
Baltimore County Public Library sends the following notices:
- are sent by email only or optional text message.
- are sent 3 days before items become due.
- for how to get these notices see: http://bcpl.libanswers.com/faq/74901
- delivered by email or by phone or optional text message.
- sent when items are 7 and 14 days past due and item has not been returned.
- sent when items have been returned late and the overdue fines are unpaid.
- sent by email or optional text message 14 days after the fines have been assessed and only if the fines total $10 or more.
- If email is unavailable or unsuccessful, a paper notice is sent by U.S. mail.
- are sent when an item is 32 days overdue.
- sent by email or optional text message or by U.S. mail.
Checking your online library account through the Account area at the top of our home page ( http://bcpl.info ) will show you any charges for overdue items, any items checked out and the status of items you have placed on hold. Account information is also available by calling the Shelf Help Line at 410-494-9063
We encourage all of our customers to review their library account information to be sure that their telephone number and email address are correct.
Adding Email or Text Notification to Your Library Account
- Login to the Account section of our home page using your library card number without spaces and your password. Unless you changed it, your password is the last four digits of the phone number the library has listed in your account
- Click on the Contact Information and Preferences button to add or change your email address. For instructions on how to add notification by text message see http://bcpl.libanswers.com/faq/74906
- Finally, click the Submit Change Request button at the bottom
BCPL will use email addresses only for library purposes and will use them only for the purpose of communicating library information to our customers.
If you prefer, you can also sign up for the email or text notification service at the Accounts Desk or the Information Desk at any Baltimore County Public Library branch.
To ensure that you get your BCPL emails, add these addresses to your email address book: